Soak It Up – Sunday!!!
I love Sundays. Whenever possible, I keep them free of plans so I can go with the flow, hit the reset button and enjoy the day doing whatever I want. Today I’m feeling a bit tired and in need of some nourishment (thanks to a fun, little Oktoberfest party last night). Here is my plan to get back on track from a week of eating out, being sidelined with a skinned up knee and daily enjoyment of M’s fantastic banana bread baking spree.
These ideas are simple things I think are helpful that I’ve collected from friends, blogs and magazines over the years.
- Beach walk with stairs – I grab a big bottle of water and take to the beach, but I earn it with steep sets of stairs up & down the coast
- Make a green drink and guzzle it down – handful of berries, handful of kale, ½ frozen banana, ½ tsp turmeric, chunk of ginger, 10 almonds, 1 tbsp. Greek yogurt water. Throw in the Nutribullet and voila, infusion of healthiness!
- Water, water and more water – every ounce of your body will thank you!
- Shave your legs & pluck your eyebrows! Sounds dumb, but a little grooming always makes me feel so much better
- No alcohol – I know, I know, but it’s okay to skip the manmosa every once in a while
- Make a big, yummy salad for lunch – watermelon, heirloom tomatoes, feta cheese, homemade balsamic dressing (balsamic, olive oil, garlic, salt/pepper to taste) so you don’t feel deprived when you’re not eating bread
- Go to the beach and submerge in the ocean if you live in SoCal – it’s 80 today!!!
- Grilled shrimp for dinner w/roasted veggies and sparkling water w/fruit in it
- Slather coconut oil in wet hair, comb through, leave-in an hour (preferably while watching Boardwalk Empire)
- Put a clarifying mask on your face for 10 minutes too – I love Aveda’s Intensive Hydrating mask!
- Drink Sleepytime tea about an hour before bed to wind down you day
Have a great week and hope these little tips make you feel fantastic and help kickstart your week. Happy Sunday!♥