I was going to write a “How to Survive a 3 Week Cleanse’ part 2 last Sunday, but frankly I was too tired and didn’t want to bore you with details of how much I’m sleeping and what I can’t eat. Life’s too short! I went and read a book outside for four hours instead ♥
What I can say is that my skin looks great, and by great, I mean possibly five years younger great. Save your money on the Le Mer and just invest it in 3 weeks of greens, gluten-free bread, salmon and quinoa. It’s not exciting, but it really did work. As for weight-loss, I’m definitely trimmer, but that is probably also due to upping the Pilates classes in anticipation of my upcoming umbrella drink vacation.
3 days left to go. Here’s what I learned + what I’ll be keeping post cleanse…
- Sleep glorious sleep – 9 to 10 hours a night easy
- M started reading ingredients + picking organic food – score!
- The tuna, avocado, quinoa + greens bowl w/homemade dressing I created – keeping it
- After day 4, a cup of herbal tea w/raw honey completely satisfied post dinner sweet cravings
- The bikini I bought as a reward for disciplined behavior
- Sunset walks w/M in lieu of our normal cocktail hour
- I could still workout because I wasn’t too fatigued
- The 4 day headache I had at the beginning while my body adjusted to life without caffeine or alcohol
- Feeling isolated from others b/c we couldn’t really go out to eat (everything has Canola or Soy in it)
- Not being able to eat eggs. This was surprisingly difficult
- M being cranky because he was bored with my cooking
- Not being able to drink at our good friends wedding – not hard, just not as fun
Would I do it again? If I had to, yes. If I didn’t have to, no. I would opt for a shorter 7 day option. But I’m super proud of M and I for completing our goal and finishing what we started. That part was definitely pretty cool. It will be interesting to see how we feel in the next few weeks. M is excited about tacos, beer and pizza. I confess, I will be excited to have a steaming mug of coffee, but may opt for coconut milk instead of half + half!
So we’ll be done just in time for Super Bowl Sunday. Go Seahawks!